- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ lbs boneless chicken thighs
- ½ lb French-style garlic sausage or kielbasa, sliced into ½” half-moons
- 3 large carrots, sliced into 1” rounds
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 heaping tablespoon Basics Fuirst Cassoulet Seasoning
- 1 bay leaf, optional
- 2 19 oz cans white beans, rinsed and drained
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper, optional
Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large pot. Add chicken thighs and cook on all sides. Transfer chicken to a plate. Add the sausage to the pot and cook until brown. Transfer sausage to the plate with the chicken.
Drain most of the oil from pan. Add carrots, onion and garlic and cook over medium heat and cook until vegetables are soft.
Return chicken and sausage to the pot with the vegetables. Pour in chicken broth, wine, Basics Fuirst Cassoulet Seasoning and bay leaf. Partially cover pot and lower heat. Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add white beans and cook for an additional 45 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
Ladle into bowls and serve with a rustic bread. Serves 6-8.